A Mother's Birthday Greeting

9 years ago today, at exactly 11:19 in the morning the Lord blessed me with a healthy, beautiful baby girl who, since the time I started to Labor gave my life its meaning in a painful but joyful way. Yep! I only labored for less than 4 hours. I knew since then that she will be my forever partner, someone who will make my single- motherhood more exciting and enjoyable. And it did..

Who would've thought, an 11 inch little baby girl would turn out to be someone who's shoe size is almost the same as mine? (shoe size 7, now imagine how big she is today!) and its funny how I used to buy a lot of cute little shoes for her at the kid's section but today, have been struggling between kids and teens section as her shoe size falls somewhere in between LOL.

Oh and yes! there are a lot of times I would hear these scary words from her: "Mama pahiram ng shoes mo ha" Scary for those vintage kicks she eyed for are a few moments away from retirement as they've been at my shoe closet for 5-6 years now! Every time she asks permission, my heart skips a beat as I secretly reminisce how she takes care of her things against how I did since I got them. But then at the end of the day, I would still say "Ok, Gabby" and then I got the best smile in the world right back at me in return.


To Gabby: You are a few years away from your teen years, each time you grow a year older, it scares the heck out of me because I know that in a few years time I cannot cuddle you like a baby no more and singing praises in the morning are nothing but wonderful memories hidden inside our hearts. 
But as each day passes by, I pray so hard to the Lord that He gives us more wonderful times together so we can build memories that lasts until you grow older. 
The same way you replicate the simplest things I love like these shoes and simple mannerisms that I do at home like hanging clothes at the cabinet or leaving notes that you can read at later time or when you go back to school , it is with a great conviction and a hopeful heart that I live up to be a mother you deserve, by God's grace.

My birthday wish for you today, (aside from an Instax Mini8 that you already have and Shih Tzu pet dog), I pray that you truly accept the Lord as your personal Lord and savior and that you may experience the fullness of His love and faithfulness at an early age. 

May you cherish our memories together while you are younger and keep them close to your heart as you grow older so you can share them to others as you live on. I love you so much Anak!



 
     Happy 9th Birthday to my bundle of Joy and Blessings!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am. THOMASIAN.

Hope For Haiti now

A Classic Love story