A daughter's note : Blessed 60 years, Ma!

                                      
    OUR COVID-19  ZOOM CELEBRATION


Take a peek of the Sally's Tribute here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPPAArUZVHU

At exactly 30 days before November 14th, I started thinking of a project that would make your 60th birthday special amidst our distance. With zero knowledge about professional video editing, I started asking for video messages from family and friends while I cling to only these two things: my artistic capabilities and  lots of courageous love. 

Fast forward, I started creating the project as soon as I receive responses back from family and friends. While doing my researching and conceptualizing. I was too focused in cropping and highlighting video messages so I can come up with a holistic video, capturing who you really are in other people's eyes. Not realizing that as I transform these into a one Ideal tribute- like video message, I too was transformed in the process of creating one. 

1. The reality that there are a lot of people whose lives were touched by you and then transformed, while you were still teaching only proves how effective you are as a mentor. 
And as I listened to those testimonies from a simple scotch tape cutting to a declamation contest piece, re-lives my life with you when I was younger. You see Ma, you taught me how to clean the house and wash small dirty clothes at an early age of 7. I used to go with you everywhere you go (parang buntot mo ko sabi nga nila), and used to join you when you go to the Market for the family's food. I grabbed the declaimer of the year award during my 4th year HS graduation because of your guidance. And up till this very moment, I love cleaning the house (when in the mood), and loves going to the market every chance I get. My confidence and English communication skills was honed and has been my source of income for more than 10 years now. 

2. The fact that your closest friends would like to give you a 101 percent award for being a good mother to us,  flashes back all the memories I had spent with you for the last 35 years of my existence (25 years of vivid memories). I was reminded of that Hong Kong Trip you had with your colleagues, because that was the longest that you have been away from us, and your return was the happiest. Who wouldn't be happy with those chocolates,  planters, chopsticks (literrally using chopsticks to eat planters) and cup noodles anyway? LOL

3. You are a selfless person and likes to give without expecting something in return. I remember picture perfect, the mountain full of gifts, cakes and hams we bring home every year after Christmas party, I was your delivery girl for each of Dad's families back then, and in return I can choose a gift I would like to get from those pool of gifts given to you by the parent's students and you will whole- heartedly say,  YES to me every time. Until this very moment, we re- relive that ham and gift giving every year, this time around we are the givers and not the recipients.

My younger years were spent following you wherever you go, and as I entered the teenage years, a part of me began changing as I look for my own identity apart from you. 

Not realizing who I have become, a big part of me was you. 

You are a selfless mother, a loving wife, a loyal friend and a generous person.

You have a heart for the young and you love your grandkids so much. 

You love wholeheartedly, and laugh like it was your last. You get angry, but still knows how to put up the best smile afterwards. 
And now that I grew older and wiser, Ma. I would like to say I'm Sorry for failing to see through you when I was younger and a Big THANK YOU for being the best Mother in the world. I am thankful to the Lord that He gave us the best 60 years of your life, kept you safe for us to enjoy more of you..

I love you, Happy 60th birthday, Ma!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am. THOMASIAN.

Hope For Haiti now

A Classic Love story