Two Plus One = A fragment of blessing

 

Deuteronomy 16:17 : "Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the Lord your God which He has given you." 

Today, this verse's application came to life earlier this morning as I went to the market to buy fresh food in preparation to the food I am about to prepare for lunch time. 

At one of the corners of the marketplace, there is a parked jeepney where "Manong" and his wife sell their Local product called Banana (lakatan and saba). After I got all the major food supplies needed for the two weeks ECQ, found myself left with an exact amount to buy two large pieces of saba which is just the right amount for today's  meal called Pochero. To my surprise, "Manong" proactively asked "Bakit dalawa lang?" Then I said, this is enough for me. He then reached out to the pile of banana and then gave me another piece, then jokingly said. There! That's three, for I - Love- you. I smiled and thanked "Manong" while I walk home.

I was then reminded by the Lord through today's quiet time, about Giving -Being a blessing. And that Giving blesses the people in ways we cant imagine. 

1. Giving reveals the status of our heart.  When you give, its either you do it out of selfish ambition (to be praised or to be known) or you quietly give without expecting something in return. 

2. When you give, you recognize God's ownership. Everything belongs to Him, we are just a channel of provisions. We owe one tenth of everything we have to the Lord.

3. Giving is God's way to receive more blessings.  God works through us one step at a time, and through complete obedience, each steps opens new opportunities for the Lord to bless us more. 

"Manong" will always be remembered not just because of the additional 1 free Saba, but because he was a living testament of God's provisions and commands, and he gave according to the blessings he received from the Lord. Today I was reminded by "Manong" about a simple fact: It doesnt matter what we give and how much, as long as we do it cheerfully.

Its never too late to give back to the Lord. May it be in a form of Money, Time or Talent. Whatever we lost during this time of Pandemic, will surely be given back to us ten folds. HAPPY GIVING!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am. THOMASIAN.

strolling around at FEU

Hope For Haiti now