Wrapping up 2022 : Affable Sagada- a short trip to the Mountain province.

One of the infamous lines from this Tagalog Movie: That thing called tadhana "Paano ba makalimot?" was the most common force that leads most of the travelers near this affable sagada. To some, this may be true. But as for me, our Trip to Sagada last December 22, 2022 was a mix feeling of "life- changing", "most needed break" and "soul searching" experiences. Indeed, this place did not disappoint.


"Life Changing Sagada" 

I booked this trip in order for us (my daughter and I) to obtain a different perspective about life and relationships. True enough, the Lord had opened my eyes seeing things I do not normally see in my regular home- work- church rigor. 

The recent pandemic had strengthened our Faith in the Lord and taught us how to depend in HIM alone. But living with the natives of this place for three days: doing things they normally do, eating the food they normally eat and simply going through different places within the village impacted the way I look at the life I currently have. 

The welcoming gesture they gave us upon arrival, the warmth in their smiles when they offer coffee and the genuine yet sincere Noche Buena celebration that I was able to witness. These and many more are the Lord's way to enroot unto me life's beauty in simplicity of life. 

1 Thessalonians 4:11 "... make it your ambition to live a quiet life." 


"Most- needed- break" 

The Lord had spared me with the hustle of reporting to and from work by blessing me with a job that allows work from home set up. He however has made my 2022 productive by enriching those God- given talents benefitting God's people. The Lord knew that I needed to pause and reset in order to re-assess my heart ensuring it is aligned with God's sovereign will. The 12- hour drive (with a total 3 hour curved road) to Sagada, had given me enough time and space from the worldly things and more fellowship time with the Lord in order to ensure everything is still well with HIM this coming 2023.

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up bones. "


"Soul searching" 

Psalm 96:11-12:  "Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice; let the sea roar, and all that fills it; let the field exult, and everything in it. Then shall all the trees of the forest sing for joy."

Overall, Sagada in its very nature is a picturesque of God's wonderful creation. The small village is serene, en-vibing simplicity of life. People closes their business at 8pm, leaving no people wandering at the streets after 8pm. The common products they sell for a living are hand - woven clothing, fruit wine and Ifugao rice meals which are their primary produce. Tourism is another source of income of the Native Ifugao's: 

Their underground caves were naturally formed preserving natural stalagmites and stalactites. 

The cold waters underneath makes me wonder in awe how come a place as high as Sagada happen to have a source of natural water as those on the caves? 

While trekking to Marlboro Hills at 4: 30 in the morning, I heard a strong gushing wind close to the sound of the sea only to find out from our local guide, that these are the sound of the giant trees swaying because of the strong wind above us. 

The Lord intentionally made those trees as tall as they are in order to protect the people beneath them.  He intentionally designed the caves of Sagada as with a purpose and so are the other tourist spots. 

All these and many more are wonderfully made to benefit both locals and tourists alike. 

And with a grateful heart, I went back to manila bringing nothing with me but memories only my heart can remember.  Sharing a short video summary of the Lord's goodness in my life this 2022. 

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23:6











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am. THOMASIAN.

strolling around at FEU

Hope For Haiti now