Hope For Haiti now



6 continents, 60 countries, 60 International Networks..
Different people all over the world joined towards one goal and that is to help our Haitian people. Helping from the other side of the world may not have the same impact when you have close encounter with the Haitian victims of the Earthquake that happened last January 12. Thanks to CNN and online streaming, people here in my country were able to keep in touch and it feels like we're not too far at all.


I was one of the people tasked to do a brief training to those who volunteered for the telethon organized for hopeforhaitinow. At first, I was hesitant. But setting myself aside, I began thinking of the help, support and motivation I could give to colleagues who are willing to help out to the Haitian community.I was so overwhelmed when I see batches of trainees come and go out of the training room, and then after 30 minutes they were empowered and ready to take in calls. The overall experience was so tiring, it was only now, after 12 hours that I was able to realize how big the contribution we had for this telethon. Millions of people from different parts of the world are calling, wanting to donate from $10 dollars up to 1000 US dollars max. If not because of us, these donations will not be accommodated, forever forgotten.

I am Looking back at the videos from CNN, and how the Haitian Tent community has lived their lives suffering the aftermath of the Earthquake. A lot of Orphans wanting to be reunited with their parents, families living in tents, dead bodies being dumped into massive graves. I can feel the burden after watching these files. My heart was crashed as of this moment not only because of the scenarios I've mentioned but also because of this feeling that I could have done more aside from training and giving out support to people who are taking in calls.If only I can pledge my time to do community work in Haiti, but then again, I can proudly say..

In my own little way, I was able to give hope for Haiti.












Comments

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?

Popular posts from this blog

I am. THOMASIAN.

A Classic Love story

strolling around at FEU