I am. THOMASIAN.

For 4 years, my Alma Matter was and still is the University of Santo Tomas
There are a lot of reasons to be proud of this University. The Character built within each and every students who enroll in this campus are remarkable and I can say made us, Filipinos proud of our race. 

For Centuries (400 years), Catholic catechism has been the basis of the University's teachings. When I took up Fine arts back in 2002, there are less lectures and more on hands-on drawings and labs. This means lesser class hours for Christian living lessons *sigh. Less time, but unforgettable teachings. How can I forget my professor, Mr. Cura? He was 65 years old back then, but still he was teaching. He was a real emblem of PASSION, PATIENCE. He was a real inspiration for everyone whom he shared his life with.

Apart from the great teachings and lectures I had with Mr. Cura, the University's annual activities being held like "PASKUHAN" is one of the reasons why I dearly love my Alma Matter. Every year, on the month of December, students, alumni and all who shared wonderful memories with UST gather at the University grounds to witness the breath-taking fireworks prepared for all the people who wanted to feel the Spirit of Christmas. There are programs prepared for the less fortunate, food and bands to entertain everyone including students and employees. I can always remember, picture- perfect how we (my college barkadas) found our comfort at the Benavides Park where we lay a "Banig" to sit, relax, and share stories, food and music. From afternoon till dark, while we wait for the fireworks, we gather and share wonderful memories. 

Community service and community awareness - the most important and significant character that was embedded unto me, being a Tomasino.  The campus highly encourage students to participate to a community service and be a blessing to the less fortunate. I happen to partake into a community service wherein we have to teach children in a certain barangay every sunday. For one whole semester, during sundays I go to school and meet up with my buddy to go to our assigned barangay and later on meet up with the kids at the barangay hall. We meet them up at the hall and bring them home afterwards. 

See, there are a lot of wonderful things to be proud of with UST. Thanks to the UST Singers who recently bagged a world wide prestige that made me look back and appreciate all the wonderful blessings I had during my UST days.With this, I can proudly say, "VIVA SANTO TOMAS!"


Sincerely, 
Mica- the proud Tomasino. 


Pictures of the UST singers who recently won a prestigious chorale singing contest in London.



Comments

  1. it's nice to pay homage to your alma mater! it tells a lot about how you honor the academe that molded you to be the best that you can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. acknowledged your appreciation. :D
    happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to share understanding that I have accrued with the 12 months to assist improve
    team efficiency.

    my web page ... seo行銷

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?

Popular posts from this blog

A Classic Love story

strolling around at FEU