A blog for my dad (Father's Day any day)


I haven't had the chance to write a blog last Father's day. I left my draft as it is for I was so busy preparing something special for my husband. *sigh well here it is!



Father's Day is a very special day dedicated to commemorate all the DAD's in the world. It is the best time to look back and appreciate what our DAD's had done for us. 


DAD- One word but sure do have a lot of meanings! In a child's eyes, this word means someone whom he or she can call on to whenever he/ she is in trouble or whenever his/ her mom wont let him/ her play outside. DAD's are always there whenever he/ she cant get what he/ she wanted, and these Dad's will get it whatever the consequences are. If you are a WIFE, DAD is someone she can call on to whenever the faucet needs a repair for a leak, or whenever there's a broken cabinet that needs a repair. See, there are a lot of different meanings whenever one calls someone a DAD. You can have someone whom you call Dad, even though he's not your biological father.This word is very broad, yet powerful.

For me, there are only two definitions for this word. It defines the two Dad's I treasure in my life now. 

1. the "DAD" in Daddy's Little Girl. Yup! I dearly love this man who gave everything he could for us to have a happy home.His strength was noticeably amazing even in his last days.He was my dad and I'm his little girl. He was my mentor, my protector, the love of my life during my growing years. He was my crying shoulder, my Pillars, the Goliath who appears strong and tries to protect us against all odds. He was my comforter, the provider of all my basic and not so basic needs, he was my spoiler, my guide towards some decisions in life. He was the good guy when my mom's the bad guy LOL. He was my Past who stayed with me and will be part of my Future.


2. DADA. The clown who gave my stiff life a twist of fun and laughter, the person who made me realize that life isn't about working hard and earning money- sometimes you have to know how to spend your money in a fun way. He is a totally-opposite-of-me type of dad. He is my Boy who cried wolf type of dad - still love him though! He is my Chef, My eating buddy- though I kinda learned how to avoid eating everything he eats, cause my diet will be damned if I do! LOL.He is my drinking and food trip buddy, My Spoiler, my sweet-yet-war-freak type of dad. He is the DADA of our child, the Sweet and Loving kind of Dad who works hard and is willing to sacrifice everything for his family. He is my Present and will forever be my Future.

To the two most important DAD's in the world! kampai! Everyday is a perfect day I'll cherish the different roles you have played and recently play in my life. I love you, happy Father's day!


"Both of us are angels with only one wing. And we can fly only by embracing each other"




with dad and mom (2006)



dada and me (2010)

Comments

  1. Sis you really have a knack in writing. Everytime I read your blog, it brings me to back in time as if I'm was back home, as if Dad is still there. So much memories, so much laughter and tears. I guess the important thing is we are together. Nothing can beat family :)- ate mi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?

Popular posts from this blog

I am. THOMASIAN.

Hope For Haiti now

A Classic Love story