New me. Old feelings.

Don't you just hate it when you are in the verge of finally loving what you have become then suddenly, old feelings haunt you down as if trying to stirr everything differently?

It's like a lime trying to put some spice at a glass of water. When all you really wanted was an ice cold water to cleanse those thirst away.

It is in our innate nature to forget, move on and some can do it in smooth - sailing way.
And I'm glad to have had these wonderful characteristics, therefore moving on isn't as painful as it may seem. But have I learned?

I guess, when we haven't learned from our past experiences that's when it will haunt you down.
The Lord allowed me to reminisce the same old feelings, for He wanted me to overcome it the way He planned my  heart to be healed. Sometimes, he allows heart-crashing moments in order to pick up the pieces and be molded in an exact manner he wanted it to be built.  And not unless we allowed Him to work His way out in our hearts, He will continue to allow it to be crashed and in order to built again.

It is true, the Lord doesn't care about our destination, He cares more about the road we take and the Character we carry along the way.
It's not a question whether or not the Lord has forgotten the stain in our lives, because He does.

Isaiah 43:25 says, "I, even I, am the one who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake; and I will not remember your sins."

So neither should we remember them.
We should forget about them and bury them underneath but not until we figure out how God wants to work in our hearts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am. THOMASIAN.

Hope For Haiti now

A Classic Love story