All Soul's day : a gathering for the dead or for the living?

Since my dad passed away last March 2007, I always commemorate his love, his smile, his uplifted spirit, his jolly and friendly persona which is a huge part of who I am today. Moving on with a death of a loved one is not easy. Year after year, I slowly let go a piece of him but every time All Soul's day is celebrated each year, I draw back and begin to embrace all the memories that were once with me. This year, I welcomed All soul's day at 2 o'clock in the morning crying. After a few minutes of mourning, a comforting song from Hill song touched my heart called "Hosanna"

These Lyrics put warmth in my heart early this morning:
"Heal my heart and make it clean. Open up my eyes to the things unseen. Show me how to love like You have loved me. Break my heart for what breaks Yours. Everything I am for the Kingdom's cause. As I go from nothing to eternity." 
The song reminded me that a death of our loved ones served two greater purpose:

1. (For the dead) They had finished their race in this temporary life entrusted to us. Christians who finished their race with the Lord (Just like my dad) are now resting with our good Lord. There is no room for disappointments, dismay and sorrow knowing how they are doing with the Lord's presence.
(For the Living) We still have enough time to ace our race. Just like our loved ones who passed away, to ashes we shall all return and everything we do today shall determine our eternity. We still have enough time to make things matter today so that everything they remember of you are worth it.

 2. We can never have back what was once lost. But there is only one Being who was able to get back from the dead and that is Jesus Christ Himself. He is miraculous God and a God who provides comfort to those who are in sorrow. He is our refuge in times of need, He is our Father who is Heaven and is always inside the hearts and the minds of those who loves Him.

Thank you Lord for a wonderful quiet time today!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am. THOMASIAN.

Hope For Haiti now

A Classic Love story