August 23 - Manila Hostage drama (from a Filipina- blogger's own opinion)

Last August 23,2010 marked  the most tragic, disappointing and shameful hostage drama I ever witnessed in my entire life. The first time the news about it was aired on National television, I quietly said to myself  "This won't take long.. I do pray the authorities give out the hostage-taker's plea immediately.." I was at the mall with my daughter when I first had a sneak about it inside a money transfer store so I haven't had the chance to really dig into the details as to who the hostage- taker was, and what he wanted in the first place. It was 11 am then, we got home, took a nap beside my daughter and I woke up past 2 pm only to realize that the media are now keeping their camera's on this Bus with the hostages and hostage-takers inside it. It was only then that I realized that the hostage-taker was a previous PNP (Philippine National Police) officer, Rolando Mendoza, who was dismissed last year due to a violation and all he really wanted was justice. That's when I thought "This hostage-taker is really in big trouble. Either he gets real justice or he'll blew it up big time. (I bet the PNP officers behind Rolando Mendoza's case wont allow it or else they'll be screwed big time too)" Rolando Mendoza wont bother putting his ass in a mess like this If he wasn't desperate enough and feels helpless regarding his case. The fact that he's not demanding for anything but for someone to look into his case closely, only means that he was willing to die for justice. With a bunch of armor stuffs at hand it was very obvious that he was willing to risk his life at that very moment.

What the blogger thinks about this scenario:

In fairness to the Negotiating officers that really gave out their best efforts at the Quirino, Grandstand (where the hostage taking took place) they had shown a lot of patience because they have tried to negotiate for almost 11 hours. But to my own opinion, if they wanted to kill the hostage - taker (due to some personal reasons) they should have killed him earlier that day, before they even attempted to drag his family into a mess done by the hostage taker. It was past 7 pm when I saw in the news that they are trying to bring the hostage-taker's family, specifically his brother (who happened to be in the area, trying to help with the negotiation) to the precinct and was arresting him with some charges. I was quite shocked because that certain event was aired on National television and I thought what the hostage taker would feel about it.. After that silly response by our PNP officers, the tragic event happened and countless gun shots was heard.
The next thing I know, the police was trying to break into the Bus lousily.

It really pains me, knowing that the authorities could have done better on this hostage taking. It saddens me when they could have decided for things more wisely, thus avoided loosing lives of the innocent people.  I must admit, I am quite disappointed and in behalf of my countrymen , all I can do now is ask for forgiveness and pray for the victim's souls.

Nevertheless, these people are still Filipinos and I cant curse them for some reason. What I can do is to pray for them, pray for us.. for redemption.  I will pray really hard so our good Lord would grant forgiveness to my people. And that he would grant all of us the "change of hearts" we are yearning for, starting with our officers.


Sincerely,
Your filipina blogger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am. THOMASIAN.

Hope For Haiti now

A Classic Love story