Loving Liberty [A blog for mother's day]





When I was younger, I guess up till now I used to depend to what my mom and big sister would have to say about a certain circumstance and some minor decisions in my everyday life. I must admit, that even up to now their insights mean a lot to me even when I have gab in my life right now.. 

Although my mom and sis isn't physically living with me, their words of wisdom has a pinch in my heart. I haven't appreciated this life alone not until this joy come up to me this day that made me appreciate the liberty of being a mom to my 3-year old daughter. 

I guess I must be thankful that my ya ya didn't went back soon as what we have talked about. So I got home early today since I only asked a favor from my uncle to look after gab for the night.. 


My normal routine during normal office days are as follows- would normally take post shift OT till 8am, eat breakfast anywhere, go home at around noon,  and take a power nap- maximum of 5 hours. 

When my nanny didn't went back before my shift for the week starts, I suddenly had a twist of my daily weekday routine. I went straight to the market to buy food. Cooked breakfast, fixed the things in the living room and fixed all the mess in the house, my nanny didn't bother taking a look at while she was here...

Instead of feeling weary, exhausted. I felt liberated by this one thing that made me proud of-- being a mother. I guess I felt the fulfillment when I got the chance to fix all the basic needs in the house such as, taking care of the groceries, doing house hold chores (except doing the laundry of course!) I'm blessed that I'm physically toned up so I can still take care of Gabby's needs when I get home from work. And I am blessed by wonderful people who served as my support system in reminding me of the things I fail to remind myself of doing.


Liberty- is one word everybody wishes for. But liberty is fulfilling when we align ourselves with the things we are destined to do. 







To all mothers who wanted to feel the liberty of being a woman, cheers! Happy mother's day!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am. THOMASIAN.

Hope For Haiti now

A Classic Love story